How do I pay rent?

This will be agreed in your tenancy contract. Filey Properties collect the rent on behalf of the landlord via online transactions. In which we provide details of our account and give you the paperwork in order to do so, if there are more than one persons sharing the property and paying the rent, then you can set up a household account in all your names.

How do I serve a notice to vacate my property?

This will be in line with your tenancy agreement. You will have signed a specific section on the tenancy agreement which states that you have a fixed term and you can leave at the end of the term. Moreover, if you do wish to vacate the property, you will have to give it to the agency in written beforehand, and also has to be done a month before you will be leaving the property, after giving the notice, you have a months period to leave.

What are the documents I need to provide?

When you’re looking for flats to rent, you will need to provide us with proof of your right to rent a property in England (Passport) and your current address, proof of address will include utility bills if you receive it, DSS slips, and last three months of your payslips and bank statements. All documents must be originals. No photocopies.

What additional references will I require?

Filey Properties, on behalf of their landlords, want to ensure to instruct a professional and independent way of referencing your future tenants and their guarantors fully in order to find you the best possible tenants. As for the future tenants, we ensure for them to complete an online application form. The agency will check your credit history, employer and previous landlord references. If you are self-employed, then we will require you to provide us with audited accounts covering a period of 12 months. We will then speak to the landlord and use this information to establish the qualify for the tenancy.

When is my deposit returned to me?

So you’ve found a few good flats to rent and chosen one to put down a deposit for. Once the inventory checkout has been completed and everything is left how it was found, it is then the tenant’s responsibility to agree with their landlord whether any deductions should be made from the deposit. Once a written confirmation has been made from you and the landlord agreeing on the amount (if any), we will then arrange the payment to be made. This will be sent to you within 10 days after receiving the final confirmation.

Am I responsible for the garden of the property if I have one?

its always a bonus having a property which has a garden, however, you must also think about how to maintain it and keep it in good condition all year round. At the end of the tenancy, the garden or patio should be given back to the landlord in a similar condition as the start of the tenancy, otherwise, there could be a deduction in your rent because of the damage to the garden, for a gardener to sort it out.